- Complete the information sheet to tell me a little more about your background and interests
- Think of an optimization problem. Define the following for this optimization problem of your choice:
- Analysis variables (Parameters)
- Design variables (Variables)
- Equality constraints
- Inequality constraints
- Continuous variables
- Discrete variables
- Optimizers sometimes report that the optimization problem is infeasible. What does infeasible mean and how can it generally be corrected?
- Give the general form of the following types of problems and list at least one method that is used to solve them.
- Define the following and tell how it is relevant to optimization:
- Review information on optimization platforms (2 or 3 is fine) such as:
- What optimization software tutorials did you review?
- What resources (at least 3) did you find particularly useful or informative as you reviewed the tutorials, documentation, videos, or other online material? Please enter any that you'd like to share below in the comments section.
Note: Each of the homework assignments are listed as either:
This assignment can be completed as a collaborative assignment. Additional guidelines on individual, collaborative, and group assignments are provided under the Expectations link.
comments powered by Disqus