Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Why a new modeling language?
- A: Each modeling language posesses strengths and limitations. The APMonitor modeling language is built for the rapid construction and real-time deployment of differential and algebraic equation solutions. These models can be applied for optimization, dynamic parameter estimation, and control of live systems. It can be accessed from MATLAB or Python scripting languages, increasing the ability for customized optimization solutions.
- Q: Where can I find documentation for the software?
- A: Documentation is available at: http://apmonitor.com/wiki
- Q: Who is using the software?
- A: There are many individuals who use the software through the web-interface from all parts of the world.
- Q: Who can I ask for a reference?
- A: A number of APMonitor industrial partners (red), clients (blue), and university researchers (yellow) are available to provide a reference.
- Q: Can I download a trial version of the software?
- A: The software is available as a free web service through Python or MATLAB.
- Q: Do you have a model for my specific application?
- A: Chances are that there is a good starting model somewhere on the internet. If you translate that model into APMonitor language, please consider submitting it to the benchmark set so that others may also benefit.
- Q: Do you have benchmarks against standard problem sets?
- A: Some benchmark models are found in the documentation under the section Applications. These include a variety of models from chemical engineering, financial analysis, aerospace engineering, and bio-sciences.
- Q: How much does the software cost?
- A: The software is freely available through the web-based interface. This allows users to develop their solutions through a web-browser, MATLAB, or Python without needing to download software. For dedicated or secure servers please contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: What do others say about the APMonitor software?
- A: "It was easy to get an application on-line."
- A: "Your modeling language seems to be very clear and intuitively usable. I like it very much."
- Q: Where is the APMonitor office located?
- A: APMonitor has an offices in Provo, Utah and Houston, Texas. The address for the Houston office is:
Advanced Process Solutions, LLC 712 Main St Suite 3200 Houston, TX 77002
Advanced Process Solutions, LLC Houston office is the 32nd floor of the Gulf Building. The Gulf Building is now called the JPMorgan Chase building and is one of the preeminent Art Deco skyscrapers in the southern United States. It was completed in 1929 and remained the tallest building in Houston until 1963.
View Larger Map