Lecture 4 - FOPDT Models from Data
Lecture 3 covered FOPDT from First Principles Models (Material or Energy Balance Equations). This next lecture covers techniques for obtaining FOPDT models from measurements. It is important to gain an intuitive understanding of gain, time constant, dead time before studying systems in the Laplace domain.
- Lecture 4 Class Notes
- Lecture 4 Class Exercise - FOPDT
- Fit FOPDT Models to Measured Data (zip)
- Procedure to Manually Fit FOPDT Models to Measured Data
- Course reading for next class: Chapter 4-5 (PPC).
- Assignment due by the start of Lecture #5: Q3.1, Q3.3 (PPC book)
Don't forget that the first part of each homework assignment is to write a sentence or two stating the purpose of the problem, and what concept is reinforced.
comments powered by Disqus